Aluminum Replacement Windows
Aluminum frame windows can improve your home’s curb appeal, make a spectacular view more visible, and modernize your home through its sleek low-profile frame design.
Benefits of Aluminum Replacement Windows
Some of our residential clients have asked about replacing their existing aluminum windows with new aluminum windows. You may ask, “why they don’t opt to upgrade to newer Fiberglass or Vinyl materials which tend to offer higher efficiency and endurance?” The answer is typically that these homeowners are seeking to maintain the contemporary look of their home. Another reason is that aluminum windows often have thinner frames that maximize viewing area, and with silver (anodized aluminum) or dark bronze frames, they provide a modern and commercial character to a building.
Like vinyl windows, aluminum windows have been considerably improved over the years. Some replacement aluminum window improvements:
- Have deeper frames
- Offer higher-performing glass packages, and
- Are built with thermal-break barriers – reduces temperature change, which improves energy efficiency & reduces “sweating” on the frames
Pros of aluminum windows:
- Low cost
- Low maintenance
- High visibility (thin lines)
- The style/color may match your existing home layout (some homeowners prefer the ‘modern’ look of aluminum)
- Good noise insulation
Cons of Aluminum Windows
Those are good pros of aluminum frame windows, so what are the cons?
Cons of aluminum windows:
- Best for warm climate – easily conducts heat and cold so they have a high U-value, which means they aren’t the most energy efficient product
- Get cold very easily – feel cold to the touch, and lose heat
- Must have thermal break in frame – a strip of rubber or plastic
Reasons why you might consider switching to Fiberglass or Vinyl Windows:
- Aluminum is less energy efficient (which increases heating and cooling costs)
- Aluminum is more prone to condensation problems in high moisture areas
- Aluminum may eventually oxidize and rust in mid to highly corrosive zones
Aluminum Window Design Ideas
If you’re thinking about replacing your residential or commercial aluminum windows and looking for some ideas, you can look through some design ideas for aluminum windows in the photo gallery.
Expert Window Contractors with Products you can Trust
When it comes to replacement aluminum windows, Lake Washington Windows & Doors recommends the Milgard Thermal-Break aluminum window. Milgard Windows & Doors is the largest window manufacturer in the West, and has a stellar reputation for quality and service. In fact, Milgard offers a full lifetime warranty for material and labor to you, our customer. This is one of the reasons why we have chosen to partner with Milgard Windows & Doors for replacement aluminum window products.
If you have questions or would like to receive a free consultation, please Contact Us Today!
Aluminum Window Gallery
Free Replacement Estimate
Start saving energy, lower your heating bill, and improve the appearance of your home. Call the Certified Window and Door Replacement Specialists at Lake Washington Windows at (425) 255-2600 for a Free Estimate! We offer financing and payment plans too.